The 2016 Christmas Fair was delightful (reports Sandra Johnson). Santa had 16 eager customers who were clearly thrilled to be able to chat to him and hint at what they would like. We thank him for taking time out of his very busy schedule to visit us. Thank you also to everyone who came along and enjoyed a thoroughly pleasant afternoon and also a huge thank you to the Village Hall committee for all their hard work in organising it. Particularly Shelagh who, despite breaking her arm, came along and helped out on the day.
30th November 2016
This year’s Christmas Fair on Saturday 19th November is set to be the best one yet, with lots of super attractions to bring in the visitors and keep them entertained…
- a visit by Santa in his sparkly new Grotto
- local author Will Stebbings will sign copies of his latest novel Tess of the Dormobiles
- stalls offering locally made gifts, cards, decorations – things you won’t see anywhere else – so you can find those extra-special stocking-fillers
- Collyweston village shop offering samples of its locally sourced produce
- refreshments available so you can sit and relax while you peruse your purchases
- Tombola stall – where it’s quite hard not to win something
- raffle – with Santa presenting the prizes!
Admission is free and the doors open at 2pm. Remember to bring plenty of bags to take your winnings home in … ho! ho! ho!