What a glorious day!
What a glorious day for the Village Fete. The sun shone and so did the village folk who turned out to celebrate in style. Lots of tea, cakes, games and friendly chat. As usual, a huge thank you to Peter and Karen for hosting this most delightful event which never fails to please. Although I was on duty in the shop, I did manage to pop over to take a few photos, which you’ll find in the July 2017 edition of Colly News in the centre pages.
I also witnessed a horde of bags full of bric-a-brac, tombola and boozola prizes being loaded into cards by very happy punters.
Well done to everyone who made it such a successful and enjoyable day, and congratulations to Lucy for winning the Great Collyweston Bake Off with a truly delicious chocolate cake.
Thanks to Sandra Johnson for this account, first published in Collyweston News.
Definitely a ‘fete’ accompli
Thankfully the rain mostly held off for the Annual Village Fete on 12th June 2016, and everyone who attended had a splendid time. There is nothing nicer than a traditional garden fete with its superb barbecue and afternoon teas. Not to mention the wealth of raffle prizes from most generous donors. Thank you to everyone for making it such a pleasurable day. Thanks also to the flower fairies who bedecked the church with colour and scent in celebration of Her Majesty’s birthday. Well done to all those who took part and made it a day to remember.
- The Great Collyweston Bake Off: Nikki Young.
- Children’s Art: 1st – Maggie McKinney (aged 8)
- sponsored by the 2nd – Mary Sauntson (aged 2)
- community shop 3rd – Toby Parkhouse (aged 6)
- Fancy Dress: Meredith Roe (aged 7 months) as HM the Queen, accompanied by
sponsored by a miniature hand knitted Prince Philip and a Royal Guardsman
- Sukies of Stamford Eve Pegrum (aged 9) as Richard the Lion Heart
- Sandra Johnson (aged 21 and a bit!) as a Mediaeval Queen
- Quiz: the deadline has been extended to the end of July. Copies are still available at the shop and the Collyweston Slater.
Join in with Collyweston’s royal celebrations on Sunday 12th June at the Village Fete starting 12 noon!
It’s held in The Hermitage Garden, High Street. Collyweston ~ Barbecue, bar, teas, jolly games, raffles, tombolas… plus…
- The Great Collyweston Bake Off competition – theme: A Cake Fit For a Queen. More info from Sarah Jane.
- Fancy Dress competition – theme: Kings and Queens Throughout History. More info from Glenis.
- Children’s Painting competition – details to follow.
- Flower Festival (held in the church). Details from Deirdre, decorators needed!
- Quiz/competition winners from Henry’s puzzle booklet, available for £1 from the pub and the shop, will be announced on the day.
If you wouldn’t mind running a stall, collecting or making donations for bric-a-brac/raffles/tombola – please contact churchwardens Deirdre or Peter.